Monday, January 11, 2010

Philosophically good, bad and ugly

Just random,  admittedly strange reflections on stuff...

Things work out.  Maybe not the way you wanted or imagined, but things work out nonetheless.  So relax a little and enjoy being alive.

There's no such thing as 'getting even'.  If you think you've evened the score, trust me, the other guy is definitely planning to 'get even'.

There's a trick to being confident, and it's not blowing smoke up someone's ass.  Try being right instead of selling it.

Kindness is not a sign of weakness.  Quite the opposite.

Money isn't everything, unless you have none.  Then, yes, yes it is.

I don't like 'It's not what you know, but who you know' because it's more complicated than that.  It's also who you know's opinion of what you know and if they like you and aren't distracted by who they want to know, blah, blah, blah.  You know what?  Now I'm confused so just concentrate on WHAT YOU KNOW and quit bitching!

Every journey begins with the first step.  Well so does every mis-step, so let's be honest, the larger the number of steps the more faith you can have in them. Just don't get cocky...

Look before you leap is good.  But you know, easing up on the leaping would probably solve a majority of the problems you're having too.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  Again, I like it, but... I'm picturing Lucy here.  Perhaps, 'keep your chickens really close to your fridge' would reduce random, harebrained accidents.  Hey, I'm just trying to makes things less chaotic for poor Ricky.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.  I like it.  Alot.  However, I think we can definitely judge the Bookbinder by said cover.  How is he still working?!?

Concentrate on the good, the bad will make sure it gets attention with or without your help.

You can always say something but you can never take it back, so what's your hurry?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  I love that one.  It's not just true, but calls the person who's frustrating you a horse.  Take THAT Mrs. Jablowski!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like these, and the last one reminded me of my Grandfather's take on it:

    You can lead a horse to water,
    But you can't make him drink.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    But you can't make her think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warren, you never told me your grandfather was T.S. Eliot!!!

    ReplyDelete